Monday, March 2, 2009

ADAM for MANGo


Late last week, Adam Lippes formally introduced his 20-piece (women’s and men’s) collection for Mango at the Gramercy Park Hotel after working with the Spanish mega-brand for more than a year. “I approached this from the American sportswear point of view,” the designer told Chic Report. “That’s what they wanted, that’s what I do and I guess it worked out!” Well, it worked out from more than just a design perspective. Lippes is the big fan of Barcelona from its food and sights to the company’s impressive airport hanger inspired design headquarters. “Mango is a brand with their own identity,” Lippes added. “They’re not a designer copy store. They have a huge group of very talented designers and they’re extremely intelligent about their process. It’s an amazing space filled with young people, art, and inspiration. For me it was a year based collaboration, and now they extended for another one. I would work there full-time if I could, that’s how much I love Barcelona!”


source: FashionWeekDaily

No comments:

Post a Comment