Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oscar has something to say.


Last week Oscar de la Renta made the following statement...


“American fashion right now is struggling. I think I understand what [Obama and her advisers] are doing, but I don’t think that is the right message at this particular point . . . I don’t object to the fact that Mrs. Obama is wearing J.Crew to whatever because the diversity of America is what makes this country great. But there are a lot of great designers out there. I think it’s wrong to go in one direction only.”


I'm sorry, but I think this statement is completely insulting to every other designer out there! Michelle Obama wants to do her part by promoting designers that are not as well known as Mr. de la Renta! If she wants to wear Watanabe or Alaia, thats amazing! She has already done so much for Thakoon and Jason Wu. In my opinion she is doing her part to help out the struggling designers of a younger generation..

No comments:

Post a Comment