Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Nicole Richie: House of Harlow

Here are some photos and a short interview of Nicole from the shopbop LookBook feature on her jewelry on House of Harlow 1960.
When did you know you wanted to be a designer?
I've always loved jewelry, and when I was young I made friendship bracelets for my friends. I guess you could say my designing started then.









Who (or what) was your first inspiration as a designer?
When I was a little girl, my fathers costume designer for his tour made me outfits that matched his. I would watch her make sketches and even went to her studio to watch her make costumes. 








What is your favorite part about being a designer?
Being able to realize a thought or a feeling through my pieces and bringing that to the public. 













How do you stay inspired during the design process?
I'm constantly looking for things that challenge and exhilarate me, whether its an exhibit at LACMA, a new piece from a favorite designer, or something I've read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment